Do you have greenways and trails expertise, insights, and case studies to share? The East Coast Greenway invites innovative, cutting-edge proposals for the Mid-Atlantic Greenways and Trails Summit in Philadelphia on April 4–6, 2019. Summit roundtables, breakout sessions, lightning rounds, and mobile workshops. Topics should be relevant to the challenges and opportunities facing the active transportation movement.
Presentation and mobile workshop proposals will be accepted until October 12.
Proposals should address questions such as:
- How can advocates, planners, policy makers, elected officials, and other leaders help ensure our active transportation networks are developed in a way that is equitable, accessible, safe, and affordable?
- Developing active transportation networks requires partnerships, patience and deep engagement. What opportunities and challenges does the Mid-Atlantic region face and how can they be overcome or leveraged?
- How will our transportation and recreation investment decisions today help create stronger local economies, cleaner environments, healthier populations, better mobility, and greater access to opportunity and jobs in the future?
- With a shifting and uncertain future for federal transportation funding, how can Mid-Atlantic states successfully fund active transportation investments and demonstrate the value of those investments?
- How can we build the movement for greenways, trails, and active transportation to better engage all generations and demographics, leading to bigger impact and more creativity in our work?