This spring has brought some illegal activity to Berks Nature’s Neversink Mountain Preserve in the form of ATV and dirt bike users. Berks Nature preserves and trails are open to many, but not motorized bicycles/vehicles of any kind. This type of behavior destroys the habitat, upsets the wildlife and most importantly provides a safety threat to our more passive users like hikers and mountain bikers.
IF YOU SEE ATV/DIRT BIKES on Neversink Mountain or any Berks Nature preserve:
- Call the police at 911 and note the time and location.
- Give a specific description about what you saw, how it made you feel (unsafe, threatened etc.).
- Do this every time you see the illegal activity.
- Tell everyone you meet on the trail to do so as well.
- If you notice a pattern of behavior and/or an entrance/exit point for these vehicles please share that with the police and us at [email protected].
Hopefully together, we can populate the mountain with positive, passive users of this beautiful natural resource and eliminate those few who have little respect and wish to destroy the habitat.