For the Trail, on the Trail
Two Days of Workshops
Climbers Run Nature Preserve (Lancaster County)
226 Frogtown Road, Pequea, PA 17565
The Pennsylvania Land Trust Association will again partner with the trail professionals at Penn Trails to offer this unique two-day training event designed for anyone engaged in trail management, maintenance, and/or construction. Participants may choose to attend two full days, one full day, or a half day depending on their particular interests. This workshop series offers both hands-on training and classroom instruction, and is eligible for PRPS Recreation Professionals and Landscape Architect CEUs.
Limited space is available. Please register here to secure your place. Lunch is included.
- Friday 9:00 AM–12:00 PM: Fundamentals of Contemporary Trails Planning and Management
- Friday 1:00 PM–4:00 PM: Project Planning and Funding Roundtable
- Saturday 9:00 AM–12:00 PM: Fundamentals of Trail Layout & Design
- Saturday 1:00 PM–4:00 PM: Universal Access for Trails and the Outdoors Roundtable
- Friday 9:00 AM–12:00 PM: Fundamentals of Trail Maintenance Planning and Execution
- Friday 1:00 PM–4:00 PM: Small Boardwalk Bridge Construction (hands-on)
- Saturday 9:30 AM–4:00 PM: Small Boardwalk Bridge Construction (hands-on)
Funded in part by the Pennsylvania Recreation and Park Society and the Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources’ Pennsylvania Recreational Trails Program funded through the Federal Highway Administration.